When setting up your lists, you will likely need to create a list of contacts that are a portion of another list at some point. This is called a Subset list. Ex. “Middle School students,” “High School Students,” etc. would be a portion, or subset, of your "All Students" list.
- From the “My Lists” page, click on the "Select an Option" dropdown
- Choose "Create a subset list"
- Name your list
- Choosing "Keep linked To Source List" is recommend, as this will ensure any updates to the original list are filtered down to your subset list
- Select your "Source List" from the drop down
- In the bottom, right hand corner check the box that says "Use dropdown list" (this may take a moment to populate)
- Choose your filtering options and click the "Add" button to add your filter (you can choose more than one filtering option)
- Click the "OK" button
Optional: Derived list's enabled contact state matches the Source List. If checked, the derived 'linked' list's contact checkboxes revert to match the Source List every time the Source List changes.