How do I move my components to another page or window?
There may come a time when you need to keep a page where it is but move the components on the page to another page in your CMS or over to another window on the same page. Components can be moved to a page within the same site section or to a page on another site section of your website. Follow the steps below to accomplish this.
- From the Admin Home, navigate to the site section that your page is on
- Click the "Content Pages" button
- Select the page with the components that need to be moved
- When you select your page, you will default to "Window #1 Content." From there, select the "Move Content" tab
- On the "Move Content" page select the following
- "Move From Window" - You will select the window that your component(s) is currently on
- "Components" - If you are not moving all components in this window, be sure to deselect "Select All"
- "To Site Section" - select the site section that your content will be going to. If this will be on a page that is on the same site section, you will not need to change this
- "Content Page" - This step is important! If you do not change this, the default is to place this content on your section Homepage. So, be sure to select the page you want to move your component(s) to
- "Window" - select the Window that you want your components to be in on their new page (if you choose window 2 and the page does not have a window 2, you can add a window to that page later
- Click "Move Content"