- Click the “Images” tab of your News Article.
- Click “Browse” or drop your image in the “Drop Image” area.
- If you have chosen “Browse” locate and select your image, then click “Open.”
- After selecting your image, you will be presented with the new cropper tool!
- You can click and drag the image inside the white box to select the area of the image you want to keep. You may also zoom in and out using the slider below the image.
- Be sure to add the required Alt Text (Alternative Text is a brief description of your image and is required by ADA Compliance guidelines).
- Click the green "Crop" button to save your selections.
As you will see in the image below, you have several tools available to you to make the needed adjustments to your image:
- Horizontal Flip
- Vertical Flip
- Rotate Right
- Rotate Left
Once your image has been cropped, you can click on “Advanced” to make optional adjustments. The Advanced button is located below the bottom right-hand corner of each image and will enable you to make the following adjustments:
- Make images black and white.
- Increase or decrease contrast.
- Make slight color corrections.
- Posterize images.
Once you have made all of the necessary adjustments, be sure to click the green "Save Images" button below your image.
Site Master Notes (if you are not a Site Master User, see your Site Webmaster for the following adjustments):
- You can set the default values for your News article images by going to the “Site Master Dashboard” from your Admin Home page. Scroll to the bottom to see the “News Article Image Width Values” section.
- If Article Image Default Values have not been entered, for both the width and height, dimensions will revert to 220(w) x 150(h) for thumbnails and 350(w) x 220(h) for embedded images.
- For Portrait oriented images, be sure to add an image height that is greater than the image width.